The school meals service at Beaufort is run by an outside provider, Alliance in Partnership (AiP).
The dinners offer a nutritionally balanced menu and include a salad bar.
The children pre-order their school dinner each morning from a choice of 2 main dishes (at least one vegetarian) or a jacket potato with a choice of 2 fillings or a packed lunch with a choice of 3 sandwich fillings. Children are offered milk every lunchtime.
Click here for the Autumn 2019 & Spring 2020 menu
Click here for the SchoolMoney Parent/Carer User Guide Oct 2019
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal. However, we would still encourage you to register for free school meals even if you are not currently eligible (see below). For each child registered our school receives valuable extra funding to support your child.
- Universal Free School Meals – English
- Universal Free School Meals – Polish
- Universal Free School Meals – Russian
- Universal Free School Meals – Slovak
Schools dinners cost £2.20 each for children in Key Stage 2. Dinners must be paid for in advance and money can be brought into school either at the beginning of the week or each morning.
Children may bring in a packed lunch. This must not include a hot drink or hot soup. Glass bottles, cans or fizzy drinks must not be brought into school.
Free School Meals
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
How do I claim free schools meals for my child?
We are using a new online Free School Meals application service. Applications can be made online directly by parents/carers or by school on behalf of parents/carers.
Applications only need to be completed once during your child’s time at Beaufort Primary School. Therefore we are asking every parent/carer to complete an application even if you are not currently eligible.
You can either apply directly at www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/link2ict or download and complete the Claim for free school meals form and return it to school where we will make an application on your behalf. Forms are also available at the school office.
Playtime Snacks and Drinks
We have been awarded the Healthy Schools Award and participate in the Free Fruit for Schools Scheme.
Children in the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 are encouraged to have a piece of fruit each day. Other children may purchase a healthy snack at playtime or bring a piece of fruit or cereal bar to eat during playtime.
All children have access to drinking water each day. Cold water dispensers are provided in school and bottles may be purchased from the office or brought in from home.